View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
A few points wanted to share:

- N810's build quality is robust, and the metal feeling is awesome. But in its time, there were no touch gestures for even scrolling the contents. Therefore you need to accurate pointing at the scroll bar to "move down" the page. Which is not the case with multi touch anyway. Time to move on.

- I wanted to state that the width of N810 is on par with those so-called huge phones, and N810 will be thicker than this coming device. I know it's still smaller in length and width but it's not that much difference in feeling.

- As I stated before unless you want to use 4 years old hardware, but modern suppliers don't do devices below 5 inch anymore. It's not possible to develop anything below 5 inch in my own at this stage.

- 5.5 inch isn't that big. My Moto Z seem to be a good size. Try one before you comment.

- For battery, the more it goes up with size, the more battery life it generally gives and the extra amount with the bigger size out perform the extra consumption of the screen. That why those pads in general have a very long battery life

To conclude the talk on the sizes:

- Currently only 5.5 inch is considered. I don't find any problem with operations in SFOS on 5.5 inch, and it's generally a great balance overall with battery, screen, camera, a more PC towarded UI.

- To get a device like 3.5 inch or 4 inch, it's not possible for now and I don't see any point doing that.

- Time to move on.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-08-22 at 21:09.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: