View Single Post
Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
@oenone: Congrats, you did it. Your phone has a nice huge home partition, is it a 64GB model?
Yes, it is the dual-sim 64GB model. Was cheaper than the regular version.

Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
You should flash it to the recovery partition, as @deprecated told you. If your phone has trouble you can use it as described.
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Sorry, I wasn't around earlier. Yeah, it's safe to ignore the errors. I've done it a few times as a test procedure on mine, always with the same errors. Glad to see you got it up and running!

FYI, you can flash that recovery image to the phone itself with

Code:
fastboot flash recovery hybris-recovery.img
That way, you can enter recovery whenever you need by powering the phone on while holding Vol. down. No more need to use fastboot on your computer each time.
Thank you meemorph and thank you depreciated.

Are there any negatives to flashing Jolla Recovery if one plans to forget about Android? It certainly does have a much more "wholesome" (maybe the word I am looking for is "powerful"?) shell than TWRP.

My initial reluctance stems from typing on a small touch screen to be such a drag I would almost rather wait until I can fastboot via a computer to fix an issue via a keyboard rather than trying to get that sorted out on the device itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post: