View Single Post
Very true uvatbc, this should be fixed in the program doing the query but at least new train stations aren't an everyday occurrence.

That said it's a bit strange the original programmer didn't use a flat file so the list was easy to edit being as there are only two fields in a single table. Then again if they were future proofing they would have sorted in the query in the first place...

Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
wow!, hats off to you suicidal_orange (is that a colour or a depressed fruit?), thank you!
It's an old gamer tag. I always chose the guy in desert camouflage in original counter strike even in jungle/urban maps - not good for surviving!

.....so let me get this straight, you never used sqlite before and yet within a couple of hours, you got it sorted!, bloody genius!.

So, as I append new stations, will I have to do the same maneuvers?

thanks,
Mark
Indeed, but to be fair it's just the principals of databases. SELECT shows stuff, but it doesn't save it, I hadn't done an INSERT in over a decade and that was through a website but the theory is still the same. The built in command line is much more convenient than going through a website too...

As above the program is designed badly so yes, you'll need to do this whenever you add a station. Unless it starts with Z!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post: