View Single Post
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Ok, since yesterday evening I'm also an SailfishX user. All in all I'm satisfied:

The camera is much better than on Jolla1 and C. But still has a lot of reserves. I am using for the moment Open Camera from F-Droid and hope the camera app will get an update more soon than soon™.

Bluetooth is working for me with different devices (haven't tested everyone yet) but makes sometime strange problems like dropouts while playing music, loosing connection for no obvious reasons...

Some apps I love, make some problems:
  • Stellarium SF doesn't start at all (I fear there will be no further work on it. It is untouched since ages)
  • Marble Maps is laggy (Meanwhile there are othe nice apps, so I can live with that.
  • Scrolling inside the internal viewer of Zimpedia is laggy
  • No working compass apps at the moment, that is affecting of course also Poor maps and other Navigation apps.
  • no working torch app means no torch on the lockscreen
  • Launcher combined patch doesn't work
  • Apps for other new sensors are missing.

And I miss double tap to wake. I know there is a workaround, but it costs battery life, so don't want to use that at the moment.

For now that's the negative side. There are many things i really appreciate:
Typing exprerience is muuuuuuch better than on Jolla 1. I'm now able to write longer text without typos. And I get a propper vibration feedback.

Screen is better than on Jolla 1 and Jolla C (which I found anyway worse than Jolla 1)

Android engine seems to be better (more apps work)

and much more...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post: