View Single Post
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.

I have a similar configuration but I'm just curious about your settings:

Is your WiFi always active so that it can connect when configured APs are in range or you managed to turn WiFi / Cellular on and off automatically?

Also, for the normal exchange of information between applications each layer must notify the 'upper' layers / apps the problems with connectivity and the upper layers / apps react accordingly.... (this is what I can recall from the OSI standard model :-D ).

For example: if you have an active ssh session and you switch the 'underneath' transport layer from WiFi to Cellular Data or from Cellular Data to WiFi, the ssh software should (and it does) keep track of disconnection / re-connection and resume working as if nothing happened, provided the time required to reconnect is short enough....

For VPN connectivity I use SecureFishNet: it's not opensource, but I haven't had time to solve my VPN problems with Connmand
Regards.
Wifi is usually always active as is mobile data. Device is expected to do the switcharoo as necessary/possible. Not using SecureFishNet but using the built-in client which works great after having added the following line to the configuration file to ensure all traffic goes through the VPN:

Code:
redirect-gateway def1
"Wifikiller" application from OpenRepos but it didn't seem to work properly (or was not configured to work properly) so wifi stays on all the time, sadly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oenone For This Useful Post: