View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
The fact of actually getting paid for your data or renting out your hardware is nice, as is the idea of cryptocurrency-made-easy.

But I'm not too keen on the fact that it uses its own token. It looks like yet-another-ICO, and a company of hoping to get at the center of a large economy. I have become wary of companies trying to lock me perpetually into their product, in an all-or-nothing-style, without alternatives. (One of the reasons I'm not using Facebook or any of its products, for example) Open standards are needed, community-driven, for the sake of progress, not profit.
I'd like to say on my part that a major part of the reason I left Jolla back then was to pursue the idea of combining blockchain and mobile. We were toying with IPFS, Ethereum nodes on Android and Sailfish, Qt-based wallets quite early on. My only mistake was not to buy enough ETH back then. I think "ICOs" are terrible.

However. They show that people will finance ideas happily if they get a stake in it. We try to do things a bit more orderly - gauging interest, have people commit funds they have time to withdraw; make people re-confirm the interest; appropriately identify who contributors are, do anti-money laundering checks; be transparent; etc. We aren't even trying to raise 180m+ USD

If you read the whitepaper ( https://zipperglobal.com/whitepaper.pdf ) the token itself is not a lockup. See this section for example:

Curation market

The purpose of the curation market is to incentivise development of applications for the Zipper store and power discovery for those applications.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: