View Single Post
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Playing the devil's advocate, I can think of quite a number of things:[list][*]An unnecessary cost increase for someone not needing them
On the other hand, the complain wasn't about a second 6" UHD screen (the most expensive part in a smartphone).

You'd be surprised how much a camera cost in a smartphone
HINT: there's a reason why smartphone camera for selfies has move away from a swivelling design (rotating the single camera between shooting and selfie position like on Sony Clié PDAs and some SDIO add-ons) to a the current popular dual-cam setup.

Occupying space that could be used by features I would use (e.g. more memory, an SD card slot, a second SIM slot...)
Which is completely a non-argument for anyone except maybe Apple and a few of its competitor who seem to be on a competition on who's going to make the thinnest phone possible with which you could cut cheese.

This project being a device with a physical keyboard (naturally thick), gaining 1mm at the detriment of standard ports (audio jack) wouldn't make sense.

On the other hand I am the kind of guys that PDA and smartphone have been already having a practical size since they aren't briefcase-sized anymore.

An extra feature to maintain, provide driver updates, etc.
That would be a valid argument against fingerprint. On the other hand they tend to be enormously useful in lots of modern apps (mostly banking, etc.)

An extra thing that could break, potentially affecting other things I would use
Again, luckily these are not moving parts (as the swivelling camera of old time) but mostly solid state with very few moving part (focus).

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
- Typing on one screen still feels different than typing on physical keys
Thank you for understanding what we hate with on-screen keyboards.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
the progress also affected our view of having future official Sailfish OS collaboration.

Therefore, it might be to your disappointment, we will no longer seek Sailfish OS as the prime OS for this product.
Sad but well, you have your reasons.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post: