View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Could anyone be so kind as to summarize, BRIEFLY, in a few bullet points, any pros and cons of going X? What works? What does not? Is it worth it at all?
worth it, yes: (all IMO)

Cons to Jolla 1
- size, JP-1 is hands down the best device size for sfos, X does not hurt but for some actions i have to "regrip".
- Bluetooth is wonky, some things work some don't. Headsets are no problem for me, Music playback stutters on some speakers.
- wakeup problems, sometimes no touch is recognized and i need to lock and unlock again (maybe only due to unofficial doubletab activation?)...
- Double tap wake up. I went over to always do a triple tap on x because double tap is only ~2/3 of the tries recognized.
- some weird dalvik apps crashing issues (for me)
- onsolved lipstick freeze problem (Red light, freeze) under not reproduce-able conditions.
- The bootscreen is as ugly as i can imagine. 5 wasted seconds of unlock warning followed by 20 secs of GUSHING white with tiny sony logo until sfos pops up. I don't know how often i tantalized my eyes when rebooting at night. Especially nice when the "red light freeze" occours during a night drive.. ZZZZZZZ. How i miss the black bootscreen...

Pros
- significantly faster
- little better multitasking (i expected more from doubled RAM)
- gorgeous screen compared to jp1
- higher res + more brightness make the thin fonts better readable.
- higher brightness range with slider
- Camera better than jp1 but meh in comparison to most other phones out there.
- nicer build quality
- the rounded edges help to fit in pockets and feel better than jp1
- Fingerprint reader takes some time to get used to the (First click than Tab) method but works reliably now that i "am not holding it wrong" anymore Faster than pin for me.
- curved glass feels good for edgeswipes
- louder and nicer sounding speakers.
- wider choice in (quality) accessories
- dalvik with 4.4 compatibility (i've put it last for you)

There may be other tech problems i already got used to or never ran into with my usecase.

EDIT, according to Juicemes post time, it took me longer than 20 minutes to write this post

Last edited by mosen; 2018-06-15 at 14:20. Reason: juice was faster

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: