View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My apologies for getting back to the topic

The two Xperia X currently for sale here made me look into it again. I never liked the X because it seemed so HUGE but I suppose I could live with it, especially at eBay prices which are MUCH cheaper than those asked here on TMO.

But I have not been following the development very closely and find browsing through 254 pages of posts, mostly off-topic or contradicting each other, rather confusing.

So...

Could anyone be so kind as to summarize, BRIEFLY, in a few bullet points, any pros and cons of going X? What works? What does not? Is it worth it at all?
Especially with the recent update, mostly everything works. I haven't had any stupid our outstanding issues that make me unable to use it as my daily driver (and really, my only phone outside a novelty one I built using a raspberry pi zero). The built in VPN implementation is finicky, but that's really about all. GPS works, locks nearly instantly, they ironed out the timestamping problems in the SMS client, I don't get any lockscreen hangs anymore, the fingerprint sensor works great, bluetooth audio to my Mass Fidelity relay works flawlessly, the wifi is stable and strong, battery life is EXCELLENT (I frequently get 4 days to a week between charges, using it as a normal phone... texts, calls, few emails, looking up things on the go, a little GPS). The camera and gallery have improved dramatically, and it really looks like they're paying attention to user feedback.

A couple tweaks like modifying /etc/profile.d/developer-profile.sh to get rid of env value errors, resizing the rootfs for more space and finding an sd card that played well with it. But really, no problem. I love it, and any complaint would be nitpicking.

That said, I don't really use the Android stuff. In fact, I haven't installed it since I reflashed a few months ago. I don't miss it, either.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post: