View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Continue to ignore portions of a post and cherry pick as much as you like from a post to satisfy whatever mandate you wish...
It does not negate all the other valid and logical points of a post or posts.
English is not my native language, but as far as I understand, cherry picking implies selecting information to prove someone wrong while neglecting contradictory evidence. Is that really what I did here? I was replying to the last two posts, i.e., immi.shk's comment and yours (since you said multiple times that you concur with him) because he said:

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
[CENTER]i personally suggest leaving the Neo Project and Concentrating our Energies on OS'es

[...] (The rest of the post is URLS for these OSes so please don't tell me that I am cherry picking.)
I am *very* happy that these exciting OS projects exist and I hope they develop fast, far, will be long maintained, and will attract as many people on TMO as possible. However, we can leave the Neo project all we want, that doesn't mean there will be more people working on the OSes (the Neo900 might even marginally contribute to the relevance of these alternative OSes).

This was my only point. Getting into a quote war for that would not do any good, in fact I don't even have any specific comments, or rebuttal list to come up with. Just wanted to say that the continuation of the Neo900 project and the development of PostmarketOS/Leste/DebiaN900/Arch for N900 are not mutually exclusive choices, and I believe presenting them as a crossroad is actually more fallacious than me posting a general comment without quoting what made me post it.

Now this is just my opinion and I'm genuinely happy to discuss or change my mind if I am missing something, I am not fighting, and I'm sorry to see the hostility in your last replies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: