View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
As mentioned yesterday, I published new Valhalla's datasets with public transport data. These are available now as an update of Valhalla's datasets via Map Manager of OSM Scout Server. The server does support it already, so no extra updates of the software is needed. Pure Maps supports public transport routing from the version 1.5.1. To add support for modRana, the costing option has to be added (see Pure Maps code for reference).

The data originates from https://transit.land/. Its a pain to download, took about 2 weeks of running one of Valhalla's programs - all due to slow server on their side. This project is one of the projects by Mapzen and, as far as I understand, is continued by volunteers. Hence the slow data feed, I presume.

Public transit is also not the priority of Valhalla's team at present, according to one of the issues in Valhalla's repo.

So, don't expect miracles, but you are welcome to test. We can still discuss issues over here and file them under Valhalla's repos. Its my first import with these data and its possible that something went wrong while downloading. So, some of the issues could be from the data import too.

From testing in Tallinn, it looks to be using busses only and ignoring other means of transport. But maybe its better in other places.

Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: