Thread: [SailfishOS] Matrix - clients
View Single Post
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Nothing wrong with Gajim, but yes, it depends...
But have you tried Dino? https://dino.im/ Although release downloads are not yet available, nightly builds are already rock solid, so I'm using it for everyday communication...
No, dino.im wasn't there when we needed one, and with several hundred employees we had to commit to something for years to come, or the worse options with more staying power will instantly win (Flowdock and Yammer, yuck!).

When you build a communication platform for the enterprise the biggest mistake you can do is to keep switching it, or creating more platforms to compete with it. This divides the user base every time it is done, which is exactly what you don't want. If there is now an option for Rocket.Chat, it has to be an awful lot better to justify the risk of switching to it.

Having said this, of course I didn't have heart to kill our XMPP instance for the limited user cases where s-2-s is needed, and a rare case that someone actually still happens to run XMPP server to connect with. So I probably will check dino.im in the future, if not for anything else but as a hobby project.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post: