View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I second Fellfrosch's post in all accounts and although I can't be certain, I assume just from his user name that he's a native German speaker too. So maybe it's a cultural thing.

In Germany we have the urban legend, that in the US you can't sell a microwave without advising the buyer in the manual to not put living hamsters in it, because otherwise he'll sue you for having killed his pet.
It's an expression of our general perception, that in the US things have to be regulated by laws that we deem matters of course.

Now, I know you're not from the US, but maybe it's a North American thing. I can't tell from this side of the Atlantic.

From my (and probably also Fellfrosch's) POV, it is a matter of course that investing in startups comes at a certain risk.
And while I find it totally appropriate to inform people about that risk, especially those who may have no experience in that regard, I don't feel a need to have that formalized in any way (disclaimer threads, special subforums, all the moderator's work this causes).
That doesn't mean I'd be opposed to the idea. I just think, the ends don't justify the means.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: