View Single Post
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Yes, and that was the biggest mistake you could possibly have made.
First of all, I'm really sorry that you didn't have the best experience with TOHKBD.

The problem with key presses is a cause of "not quite perfect" key peg position/length, that presses on the metal dome. Unfortunately for us this silicone part is being made with the injection molding process which is super expensive if you're "trying things out" so each iteration of the design was a *really* heavy hit on our budget, so we've basically made two attempts, trying to figure out the right length with some off-the-shelf trickery and CAD simulations. Unfortunately I've failed to make it perfect due to the lack of funds and, most importantly, experience and I'm the one to blame for all the UX issues, I'm sorry.

When we were figuring out if we would be able to make a Moto Z Mod with our layout it was the first thing on our list to invest in.

But to say that we would rather spend all the money we were trusted with on some perfectionism exercises rather than work with all the limitations considered, but deliver - that type of decision is exactly why people don't trust crowdfunding anymore. I'd rather be an incompetent industrial designer that realises his mistakes and iterates on them than a crook. But that's me.

Last edited by wazd; 2019-02-01 at 13:44.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post: