View Single Post
Quick question for anyone, (sorry if it's addressed in here somewhere - I don't even really know enough to know what to search for). I always have 'Start as root for... (Filecase, File Browser, Cargo Dock, etc.)' apps by Schturman installed, and I particularly lean heavily on the Filecase root app, which has the best clipboard and multi-select usability, plus an excellent search function. I regularly have to deal with a situation that goes like this: I usually install the 'app' version of 'Start as Root', instead of the 'patch' version, (I think there's both options for all of them), because I have experienced occasional stability issues with patches. But, for some reason, it seems like my app automatically gets replaced with the patch, and stops working. So, I'll install 'Start as Root for Filecase' app, and it installs and works fine, then at some point down the road, after a reboot, my 'Filecase Root' icon is gone, and when I go to Storeman, it shows the app as 'Not Installed' and the patch as 'Installed', but then I go to Patchmanager, and the patch is installed, but when I try to apply it, I get 'Failed to Apply Patch' error. The only solution is to uninstall the patch, then install the app, and then it works again. Not too big of a headache, but is there any way to prevent it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: