View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Hi there. Nice product and finally something all n900 fans were asking for a long time. I have one question about the sound quality of the stereo speakers. Will it be comparable to something like an Alcatel Idol 3 ou an samsung s9, or more like a n900, were the speakers are stereo but with low bass? To what can you compare it? Thanks again for all the awesome work
This is a very good questions. To answer it in short, maybe I will do in bullet points:

- We have put 2 identical speakers (SP-1069) into the 2 short sides of the device (Similar to N900, personally really loved)
- Some space was left inside the device around each speaker for the sound resonance.
- Wiring distances were kept the same to the mainboard to ensure they come out the same and get the same current in accurate details.

The above only covers hardware bit. When it is down to sound level, as you said, for instance bass level effect, also related to the algorithm and how it was tuned by software. It depend on the user case and circumstances you use. For example, if you want to have a clearer voice on conference call, it would be tuned to boost the middle of the frequencies instead of top or bottom.

We aim to give a all-round experience with the speakers. Low bass will be looked into, but that will not be the "only" fact to tune the stereo speaker.

P.S: I think on any mobile phone speakers given the size, even if it was tuned to optimise bass level, it won't sound as good as proper speakers...

Edit: Forgot to mention we have included the Qualcomm WSA8810 smart amplifier for dedicated audio decode to give a clearer sound. It haven't been mentioned anywhere but it's included for sure.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2019-02-28 at 23:59.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: