View Single Post
Posts: 1,704 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think that would just not be wise. I have been here now for a year. There are people who have been maybe ten and are still using their device daily. I believe that if they use it daily they have probably sorted out some security stuff. Now if some new person starts to use N900 I don't see a real value for him to need to use lots and lots of time reading different threads in this forum trying to find answers to many questions if there are people who know the answers and could easily give them.

I have tried to search answers but in many threads it goes the same way as in this: a good title making you think that from that thread you will find answers. Well I didin't find answers, just talk about many things what would be good to be done but I don't know what happened. Did someone find solutions?

I see making my questions (which I thought first to put on a new thread "Security of N900 in 2019" to make it easier for everyone to have one thread under which to disguss about it but because I would have probably got an answers "do not start a new thread if there is already a similar thread" I searched one which had ended with only questions and ideas in the air without solutions or answers) in this particular thread a very wise thing to do.

If someone knows the answers and will answer them in this thread which is left as kind of unfinished state then if there comes a next person searching for answers from this same thread then he will find the answers and the title of the thread is not kind of misleading or a disappointment.

If there is a thread or a wikipage of the security of N900 which clearly guides a new N900 user through things explaining these very serious matters well, then my bad. Just say there is one and I will shame. But if there isn't such, there should be. To make a new N900 user to search about this kind of matters from many many different threads which may or may not give answers which may or may not be updated (some may have answers predating cssu, cssu testing or cssu devel solutions).

I think that this forum would have more value if there would be a procedure of keeping some wikipages updated that way that always when there comes a new user asking the same guestions you could just say "first read all these pages for new users". Now I have got answers from some or just "read through the forum" sometimes. I just don't think it is a wise thing to do and I think this should change.

You have done your part really well endsormeans with your guide for N8x0 which you updated now when there was a dead link. You can always point a person to read it. So should be with security matters if they are not dealt with installing cssu updates (maybe they are but it was left unaswered in this thread, on a mere idea stage).

If someone knows these answers I don't know why he would not like to answer. Only proper reason would be that the answers are already there easily found. I claim they aren't and that there are only few here who really knows and who knows which threads are dead ends and which threads have real answers which are still up to date and which are unneccessary or may even make things worse.

I think I have right to ask. You have the right not to answer. From my point of view to go through threads which do not give answers is wasted time and not wise thing to do. You may oppose and see a value there. And we may stay thinking about this matter differently and its perfectly ok.

I understand people are thired of answering same questions to new users. I'm trying to help to make it stop. "The perfect setup for N900", they are good. If someone would like to make one about N900 security that would be very helpfull to all I think.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-03-17 at 09:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: