View Single Post
Posts: 1,704 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
The link IMPORTANT FOR NEW MEMBERS TO UNDERSTAND does not work. May be confusing. And at last you answered with more content with your 1#-4# points. Now later readers get more out of this thread. So concerning microb browser it is outdated and will stay as such, with device it seems cssu is the latest update and there is nothing more to do, and the best thing is to WAIT FOR LESTE. I don't believe in magic elves. I believe what is said in Lestes page, why they are doing it and what is their goal. They are trying to make an updated debian to work on N900. There should be nothing wrong in making the conclusion that in the present situation it is the best thing to do to WAIT FOR LESTE instead of spending huge amounts of time searching for answers about security patches and workarounds which can not be found.

This is the information the new users who read this post while trying to find out about N900 security should find.

It is then another matter to disguss how to keep Leste updated and secure and there are the magic elves needed. When leste comes it is not the finishing line but a starting line for a new age with N900 without closed source software and with updated kernel.

Now when this has become clear I can read through the forum without useless effort to try to find answers which aren't there and I can focuse on other matters and so can other new users who find this thread.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: