View Single Post
Posts: 1,717 | Thanked: 4,763 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think there is again a misunderstanding between us or something. At least I am a bit confused about the message you sent.

In this thread about the security of N900 I wanted to know what happened to the matters which had been discussed in this thread but which were left there, unanswered and in the air. Now at last you gave the answers that there's no Nokia devs keeping things updated (I hear and understand), Mozilla is not updating and supporting browser side (I hear and understand), the base of Maemo is closed and can't be updated (I hear and understand). The conclusion which I make is that Maemo as it is now can't really be updated about the security as should be possible. Am I correct?

Now what the purpose of Leste is I understand it is been done to change this situation, to have the base open source and to be able to be patched, to be able to have updated browser, to be able to have secure Os again. Am I correct?

From this viewpoint my claim "it is better to wait Leste than to try to find answers from the forum how to fix the security of the present system" seems valid. I don't see how this would be incorrect.

I don't think I am the centre of the world or universe. In my own job I have been the one doing a lot of manuals for people, have managed them, have wrote instructions to people who don't know things. I like to do it. I like to help people. I hoped I would have got enough answers to my questions so that I could have wrote a guide myself. But in this area I have not enough knowledge. I could go through the forums to get the knowledge but I will not wan't to do it in vain if there are no real solutions to fix the present situation. That is why I say to otherones who try to find answers to the security matters: better wait for Leste.

It will fix the problems about the security which is discussed in this thread and which can't be fixed right now. So I have understood, so I say. Leste being "just another Os on this device"? Why then they even bother if it doesn't change anything? I believe it will change.

When I found out how to make chromium 57 work on this system I tried to write very detailed instructions of how to do it. I am willing to write instructions and help others and not just waiting to be served.

I apologize if the way I asked the questions and made suggestions had that kind of tone in them that made someone to feel I just wan't to be served. That is not my ethos and intention. I am willing to give to the community and thought I had shown it already.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: