View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
That's what https://github.com/rinigus/qmlrunner is for. It also has all options that are needed for flatpak distribution of Pure Maps and we can surely extend it as needed. Also, QML path can be extended as needed.
Interesting! I guess I've basically just rolled all that and some into the modRana native launcher.

Due to some o the less than ideal packaging rules and practices on Sailfish OS, having the launcher as part of the modRana project is simply easier, than pulling in an external project. I guess I can always put it in a separate project if needed in the future and pull it in via git subtree like with Universal Components.

Thinking about it, some sort of a unified launcher that would accept config files in some unified format to set all the paths could be rather useful for any QML only or Python QML application that has grown too big to be launched by qmlscene or for environments where qmlscene is not available.

Originally Posted by jobooth View Post
Nokia N900 1.3 on CSSU
I got modrana 0.53.1 installed and running from the repositories. Works great except trying to route just gives me a "routing failed". I had an active data connection the entire time.
I'm now trying to get offline routing working. The monav.openstreetmap.de site is down so I downloaded my state from data.modrana.org. The tar file was empty, however. It didn't create any directories. I tried the north-america_car.tar.gz as well. Empty. Tried with root too.
Weird, I'll try checking as well what's in those archives. These are all generated by my scripts, but I have not really re-run those since setting up the OSM Scout Server mirror.

Originally Posted by jobooth View Post
I guess I'll try to generate my own. It just seems like I'm either doing something wrong or nothing's working.

Secondly, how again to update? I downloaded the 0.55.18 file, tar'd it, and ran the modrana.py script. modrana opened but info-about doesn't show a version. The icon in the app drawer still loads 0.53.1 too
That's expected - these are basically two independent modRana deployments. One installed from a package & the other one from a release tarball. The modRana that has not been installed via package not showing version is actually expected as well, as IIRC the version file gets generated at package build time.

In any case good to know recent modRana versions are still working on the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: