View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Out of curiousity: What would have been STEP2 like? Not like N900, because components are unobtainable (and not powerful enough to run modern websites) by now. Not like N950 because Fxtec is apparently taking up this niche.

I am still looking forward to resistive touch screen (like Pyra?), pocket-able form factor (neither Fxtec nor Pyra can be called small), stylus detector (if possible), RGB backlight for hardware keyboard (that has way too many user-cases and looks nice), sensors (pressure sensor to detect heartbeats? besides obvious altitude estimation and such) and hackerbus (detecting lightning from a long distance away?).

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

P.S. I have got Motorola A780, a cellular PDA running the Linux operating system, for my collection. No stylus though yet - previous owner lost it.

P.P.S. Would be nice to make sure Neo900 resources and schematics are not lost. Even if it will not be built...

I'll eventualy take an opportunity to tell a story about what was planned / were product goals of STEP2 aka Haengsung (internal codename). Basically the main goal was to be competitive to mainstream, and 10000% open. Alas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RISC-V wasn't able to offer a plausible embedded (open!!) SoC solution yet when we talked to them, so we did what seems to be the only option nowadays: i.MX8. With detachable qwerty kbd integrated into design process from beginning, so you had the choice between standard "phablet" style like 99% of phones, or the much wanted by us freaks palmtop PC, and you could switch between the two any time simly by attaching / removing the kbd

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: