View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
....... With detachable qwerty kbd integrated into design process from beginning, so you had the choice between standard "phablet" style like 99% of phones, or the much wanted by us freaks palmtop PC, and you could switch between the two any time simly by attaching / removing the kbd
That is very interesting. Have been working with both Moto Keyboard Mod and Pro1, my personal feeling for the detachable keyboard, the biggest problem is the weight balance. Because the phone itself is (supposed) to be heavier and thicker. Unless you make the keyboard even more heavier and thicker (which combines the phone will make a real brick ), it is very hard to solve the balance and weight issue. Hence the Pro1 because the keyboard is together with PCB and battery etc and feels much better in hand.

But that's just my own thoughts, if you might have developed a clever way of having both, I would be most curious to learn...

Wish we could have a chance to meet, I can show you in more details the things we made/tried and the thoughts come across.

And a big thank you again for your contribution to the community. Ultimately it never fail if tried one's best.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: