View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Originally Posted by dcaliste View Post
Happy that it's working. Besides, it's not a bad suggestion, I would say. What do you think about posting a feature request on TJC ? I would like to hear the opinion of other people about this proposition.

If enough people approve, I'll submit a patch to Jolla and try to advocate for the change.

About how I find this, I've access to the email code through NDA. But it is in clear in QML anyway. The solution is based also on nemo-qml-plugin-email (see src/emailAccountListModel.h) which is Open Source and in the SailfishOS git repository.

To fully answer your question, the code you try to paste is from a delegate. So the displayName is an attribute of the model at a given index. It cannot be accessed out of the delegate. But nemo-qml-plugin-email provides accessors to the display name and some other attributes directly from the account id. The mailAccountListModel object I'm using, can be found in the email.qml file. It is a global object that is available in all the app.
Okay, there's some knowledge for us all, I had little to no idea about the delegate item but looking back at the code, I now understand, thanks.

I'm glad you like the idea, at your suggestion I will certainly post on TJC, it's always nice when Jolla gives the nod and includes end users ideas into the OS/apps.

Thanks again,...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: