View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
@koiruss I leave your pic in the line anyway. Thanx for sharing it. Can you also tell a little bit about your Bulli.
Here you go I bought mine like half a year ago. It is a -86 syncro with a decoupler (visco still there) and front/rear lockers. Previous owner had made full restoration for the body, and also had restored/replaced the engine and gearbox. He decided to go with original DJ engine instead of swapping a Subaru engine or converting to TDI which is quite popular nowadays in Finland. I like the DJ engine pretty much. Being the most powerful of the original engines, 112hp is not much but it gives great torque and decent road travelling speeds. However it isn't the most environment-friendly (or wallet-friendly) engine, so I have been thinking of swapping to some newer VW TDI or gasoline engine.

So far I haven't done anything for the engine. I built a convertible bed to the rear, installed a heater, added noise deadening and insulation, did some rewiring and added a leisure battery and stuff like that. We had our summer vacation in May and did a nice road trip to Baltic countries, and that's where that photo was from. Also we got hit by a local SUV in Latvia, so there's some body work to do... My girlfriend actually made an Instagram account for the van, so check it up if you like. You can find it here: https://www.instagram.com/syoksysampyla86/?hl=fi

Last edited by Koiruus; 2019-06-29 at 20:32. Reason: typos

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: