Memory: To Be Unveiled Soon
Storage : 32 GB eMMC internal storage
Wireless : 802.11abgn 2.4 Ghz / 5Ghz + Bluetooth 4
Baseband : Gemalto PLS8 3G/4G modem w/ single sim on replaceable M.2 card
GPS : TESEO LIV3F multiconstellation GNSS receiver
Smartcard: yes for 2FF format smart cards
Speaker : at least one
External Storage: microSD storage expansion
Accelerometer: 9-axis IMU (gyro, accel, magnetometer)
Front Camera: To Be Unveiled Soon
Back Camera w/LED flash: To Be Unveiled Soon
Vibration motor: yes
Charging: USB C connector for charging, USB client function, USB host function, power delivery
Battery: User replaceable – To Be Unveiled Soon
This has been this for long now and it IS Q3 now and if they still has not decided what camera and how much memory? Now if this is real the PCB 0- serie should already be done and tested and all components needed should be at puri.sm.

Why I say this? Well there is probably 2-3 months(or even more) lead time of many of the components. So this make me think something is smoking big time. I do not expect any phone this year. I am not trolling or being negative but I think if they are continue saying it will start ship Q3 they have to show much more HW progress

They only give news about software and it is just pointless if there is no real HW at least tell a tru estimation of shipment instead of nothing. I am not even sure the problem with heat really are fixed they told us month ago there was a kernel fix for the bug in HW but STILL my devkit is hot as freak and eating battery probably ~5-10watt constantly. Now lets hope the iMX8 errata is fixed on next rev of the chip at leats...

Anyway I noticed that a first proto kernel config has finally landed in kernel the but it does not tell anything of interest so far.

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/linux...33d4d02419913e

and devicetree

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/linux...rem5-phone.dts

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2019-07-24 at 16:31.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: