View Single Post
Originally Posted by ravelo View Post
Mentioning a few interesting informations from the posted video (most are already known, I still repeat it here):
- While watching the slide out process I got an idea now, why it could have a curved screen: It might be more comfortable to slide out the keyboard with a curved screen. It looks like it might even hurt a bit if the edges are "too sharp". Maybe someone could confirm this?
- The main camera is 12 MP Sony and a second one with 5 MP. The cameras do not pop out of a case. So it is nicely lying on a table. You can see a short sequence of typing on the table at 3min 13sec with two fingers.
- If you do not need a second SIM you can install memory up to 2 TB.
- Stereo Speakers.
- Camera shutter button.
- RGB notification LED (I have no idea what I could use this for at the moment).
- 10 hours talk time, 20 days standby time
- Android 9 Pie installed, upgrade to Q is planned as soon as available.
- Unlocking the bootloader will not void warranty.
- What I can see on the video: It looks like the keys are sticking out more than in the pictures from the versions last year, so I hope it's possible to actually type faster and maybe with more fingers than seen on the videos so far until now.
- Target audience are techies with a love for customization
- Easy to repair: Screen can be changed by opening screws, same with the battery. USB charging connection is on a separate PCB, so this could be changed also easily if it breaks in a few years (!)
- Next week the company will ask for the money transfer. Shipping from UK will start in the beginning of september.
Great summary, I think you nailed almost everything.
They really went to great lengths to underline how much this device is catered to the people. Any updates on warranties? Last I heard it was 2 years, but unsure if that applies to the US

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post: