Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
  1. The search was a source of some entertainment. There were a few occasions when the search did not find the desired location and I had to find it manually on the map and navigate to that point. Other times it found 30+ locations, anywhere between 5 and 500 km away, dumped in a random list. It would be nice to have a sort and filter actions on the search results. For example sort by distance, filter by type (e.g. attractions first), filter out streets in Dresden with Nürnberg in the name from places in Nürnberg, etc.
An extreme example of the importance of being able to find and select the correct destination from the search results: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-changed-lives

The article as a whole makes a very interesting point about how much depends on getting that initial selection right in so much human-facing software. I'm not making any kind of point about PureMaps, which I think is fantastic, BTW. However, given the discussions about UI issues that happen in this thread, I thought it would make an interesting read for some.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post: