Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@pichlo - entertaining and informative, as usual!

RE Search order (2): That would depend strongly on the provider. For providers other than OSM Scout Server, I cannot do much. Except, I am planning to add location awareness. This is planned soon (no TM, an expected out-of-SFOS-community-meaning). As for filtering by other means, not sure all providers support it. I will have to look into it. Please come back if location aware search will not help.

RE History (3): Navigation history and search histories are remembered separately. "To", "From" are merged with search history. Navigation is added to the history when the routing was successful. Its mainly for historical reasons, but still made sense to me.

Routing on/off highway (4): Have experienced it myself few times in Sweden. For OSM Scout Server, there is no need to submit bug reports yet - I have to update to the latest Valhalla first. After that, we should submit cases to Valhalla issues.

Routing, continue for ... (5): Again, should report to Valhalla after its updated. Not sure what's the version of Valhalla is for Stadia (if they updated to the latest version). Usually these continue messages are due to the name change of the street

Battery drain (6): Is it worse than before smooth position marker? Maybe I should add an option to disable it, so you could test. I am planning to rewrite navigation part, maybe I can make it more efficient. Issue: https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/295

7 - irrelevant after reading 8

8 - Very very interesting. I will add one thing to do on exit, let's see if it helps. What you were doing was setting DisplayBlanking.preventBlanking to false. I will try to set it to that on exit as well.

PS: Thanks for the donation!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: