Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Hi rinigus, and thanks for the reply.

I understand that most of my feedback points like routing and voice instructions were not really about Pure Maps as such but about underlying modules such as Valhalla but I posted them anyway as an observation, on the assumption of the mutual understanding that we both know that I know that you know that I know...

On sorting of the search results (2). I understand it depends on the provider what results you get. In my case I used OSM Scout Server. What I was calling for is some sort of post-processing in the client that would be independent of the provider. It of course assumes that the results contain some tags (distance, type...) that the client could understand and use for sorting or filtering. If that is not the case then I can see the problem. Even if it is, I can see that it might not be a trivial task. Please consider it merely a suggestion.

Regarding the history (3), I am not sure I expressed myself clearly enough. I understand that there are separate lists and I have no problem with that. As you say, it kinda makes sense. My experience was about something different. For example, I navigated from place A to place B. Then I navigated to place C. Curiously and mysteriously, place B sometimes appeared in the history and sometimes not and I could not figure out what determines it. Or I deleted place B from the history but it popped up again one, two or even three restarts later.

I suspect it might have something to do with my usage pattern involving hard resets to preserve the battery. Perhaps some caching was involved that the reset interfered with.

Talking about the battery life (6), there was no difference between this version and any other. It's just that I never before needed navigation for such long periods. I usually just drive the kids to their friends' houses in the village up to 30 minutes away. This time I needed to navigate for 6+ hours.

What you said about (8) is very interesting. Is display blanking really the only change that happens when you pause the navigation? Because the voice instructions stop too and the phone cools down and, as far as I could tell, the GPS lock is turned off as well. So I would have assumed that it involves a bit more than that.

PS: You are welcome Pure Maps served me well, you deserve it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: