Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Re feedback: yes, I know and I think its a correct place to give this feedback as well. In the end, we all want better maps experience, regardless from which service/frontend it came.

Re sorting results: even if the providers would have the similar interface (which I think they don't), sorting results on Pure Maps side is a bit late. We have received 20 top hits and this "top" would be probably different if the sorting is applied earlier. But taking it as a suggestion

Re history: I suspect is due to non-closure / crashes. It should delete if all works correctly. I'll work on cleaner shutdown, see below

Re battery: well, we have GPS, map matching (if OSM Scout is installed and you see speed limits), finding route point on map by Pure Maps, and probably something else on top of it. In my case (OnePlus X), the charger is charging faster than phone is consuming and I can drive for 6h+ without any problem. Clearly something is too taxing on J1. We could try to test with

* follow me mode with map matching
* follow me mode without map matching

If we would know the battery drain in these conditions and compare that with the full navigation, maybe we can find a major source of battery drain.

Re clear shutdown: indeed, there are more components. I'll look into it ...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: