View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Fresh install of jessie2sulu. Needed to groupadd crontab to be able to install anything. Gives otherwise statoverride error.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Also gives dbus and x11 errors. x11 needs dbus but dbus it not configured.
Can you post the output please:
Code:
# dpkg --configure dbus
libcurl4 needed libidn2-0 to be installed first.
That's quite possible. After all, you're installing a brand new package via dpkg, which has no dependency resolving of its own.

Or may I ask: can you try to open with Midori the whatsappweb page. If you can, does it say: browser not supported - as with netsurf?
I tried opening web.whatsapp.com with Midori 7 in an x86 VM but only got something along the lines of "Oops, something went wrong."
I believe this was a message from Midori/Gtk, rather than from the web page. I've seen similarly "helpful" messages from Gnome/Gtk programs in the past.

I would be interested to have an office program on ED. Is OpenOffice possible to get and if so how?
You should be able to install libreoffice but I believe I found it to be rather slow.
As an alternative you could install abiword (word processor) and gnumeric (spreadsheet), which are much lighter than libreoffice, but their compatibility is limited. I think you have to be careful which file formats to use when exchanging files between abiword/gnumeric and LO back and forth.

Would also like to know what are the best benefits and apps you get to your N900 by using Easy Debbie.
Didn't we have a dedicated thread for that some months ago?
Quite frankly, there's not a lot left in the N900 for me. Its hardware and even more so its software are just too outdated for me to be fun anymore. I'm only still using it because there has never been any other phone that convinced me to switch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: