View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I had no idea the PinePhone could run so many OSes and be so inexpensive. I did not read the article fully (yet; I am at work), just checked the videos quickly, but it looks like a very interesting option for those who want something flexible. Are all OS really working (I know some are still alpha, but I am wondering if the features already developed all work on the PinePhone)? Very interested in having one of those devices, not for daily use (aiming at F(x)tec Proš instead), but for tinkering.
The catch is that they don't develop OSes themselves, but instead came with a hardware that can run mainline kernel and provided devkits to the developers of those projects. If you check the article fully, software is far from fully functional yet and first batches are aimed at developers/tinkerers. But great progress is made so far and it should get good support eventually, as alternative OS projects are also interested to have inexpensive devices to run them on without relying on hacky Android bits.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: