View Single Post
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Originally Posted by Trzyzet View Post
So what are you doing on the forum for the OS for devices which was ~$650 when was new??
Nobody is excluded here because they don't have money to throw around. Every device relevant here could be bought for less than 50€ at some point. Except never officially released prototypes. And everybody can contribute.

If you decide to help out, e.g. with Maemo Leste, you may even get a device for free by a member. We help each other out here and aren't here to feel superior because we can afford expensive prices.

As for nikos523's question:
I am very interested in the device. I am waiting for a very long time for a device with certain characteristics and haven't bought a new smartphone since 2015 (used 808) As I know how difficult it is to develop a mobile device from scratch I am willing to pay a reasonable high price, which 650€ is.

My next phone has to have:
Keyboard, unlocked bootloader, at least 2GB of RAM, decent battery, headphone jack, LTE, reasonable fast prozessor
And it should have:
OLED, screen between 4 and 5 inch, very good camera, support from a Linux based system (Sailfish, Leste, ...), MicroSD slot
And of course there are nice-to-haves:
IR transmitter, FM radio, shutter button, good microphone, Dual SIM, good flash, capable GPU, ...

The Fxtec Pro 1 checks all of the must haves and even some nice-to-haves, but misses many of the should haves. (Screen size, camera, Linux). As it is the closest thing to what I want over so many years I may still get it out of desperation, but I will wait a bit before I do so. I hope I can test it with a community member here when the devices have shipped.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post: