View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
@rinigus, yes, you are right about the sizes - they are already changed here. 4 GB is definitely better than 2,5 GB which was way too little. I had to remove quite a lot in root partition for every update the last years. For some of the version 3 releases it required almost 700 MB free in root partition, so even if downloaded in home it could get hard to fit with OTA (does the method differ between device types?). I would argue 4 GB is the minimum.
Have been using it for some time now and it doesn't seem to cross 1.8gb so far. From the other side, having maps on internal storage makes certain offline maps application just fly. Add photos, videos, and you have a pressure to keep all at /home. I though 4GB is a reasonable compromise for that.

I will look into how we can backup and restore our data properly from recovery. Should look for solutions that allow FS resizing as well. Then it will not be huge pain to resize partitions later...

If anyone knows great backup/restore solution that would allow us to do for ext4, tips are welcome. It should store data in image files (not rsync), allow full restore after reflashing of device, ideally on partitions with different size from the original. Looking at http://www.fsarchiver.org/, but never used it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: