View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Had some time to finalize a proposed QWERTZ mapping after some write and terminal usability tests.

Post on first page is updated with the changes to previous version

Since we have far fewer keys on the Proš than on standard kbd, assigning the missing keys characters to the available ones will always result in a compromise.

In my approach i try to stay as close to my usual laptop experience as possible.
The usual shift modifiers like _ : ; * ? = ) ( / & % $ § " ! > are all available with pressing shift.
The yellow modifier arrow is used like the AltGr key on german layouts.

This contradicts the color-logic of the Proš printed keys where only one modifier level is suggested at all.
The good thing with two modifiers is, we have far more characters to assign than printed on the keys.

This is especially obvious with {[]} being available as usual on AltGr 7 8 9 0 but also like printed on the keys on Yellow modifier + u i o p keys.

As a rule of thumb:
On keys where shift produces an uppercase letter, Yellow color suggests correctly to press the Yellow arrow modifier.
All others work with shift key to reach 2nd level yellow printed characters and have a not printed 3rd level available with AltGR/Yellow mod like on regular kbds.

Working on schematic illustration of the levels and will update this post accordingly.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: