Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I have a new device and finally got enough space to download offline maps and enjoy the speed limit display. Really useful. I would love to have an option to enable an audio notification when the current speed exceeds the documented limit though, that would be really useful and would probably help focusing more on the road when in doubt. Just a suggestion, but please, bring us Flatpak first, that'd be perfectly alright to wait.

I hope OSM will update their speed limit data soon, because speed limits have changed for thousands of roads in France lately, and OSM limits are outdated; but it's not actually related to Pure Maps.

Apart from that, I wanted to thank you again for this amazing app that really is much more than just "finally a decent SFOS maps app", it is actually my favorite maps app regardless of the OS. The main things I miss are alternate routes selection and better address or keyword (i.e., store name) search, but I know it is tied to the services being used under the hood, and Pure Maps has plenty of other strengths.

And thank you for your work for the SFOS community in general, with ports and other development milestones.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: