View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
1. Maemish - BlessN900 with just a slight crop from the sides
- The church stands tall and high... or maybe it is the statue of czar Alexander which is high up there? Nicely balanced night shot with the lightshow.

2. Ken-Young - Andromeda Galaxy taken with a Pixel 4 XL in "astrophotography mode"
- Now that one is high indeed! I had no idea that Pixel is capable of such shots. if this has indeed been taken without additional optics then it is very impressive!

3. DDark - Pro1, Stock Camera, unedited
- High vantage, nice building masses and interesting futuristic detail in the "skyship" thing up there on the skysrapers!

4. mscion - Huawei Mate 20 pro. No effects.
- Very good compostiton showing the contrasting old and new "high"... The pigeon really tops the bill, awesome! Too bad the size of the image is just too small, if it was larger we'd have absolute winner here!

5. nonsuch - Taken with a OnePlus 3, Open Camera. Resized & slightly sharpened the top half in GIMP.
- This is GOOD! The way the branches seem to form a kind of vortex tha stands clearly away from the trunk is awesome!

6. catbus - Nokia N9 - Scaled by Gimp. Lightning by: "Almost full moon"
- A bit difficult to determine WHAT this actually is? Judging from history I am somehow led to believe it might be a reflection of night sky on an antomobile bonnett?

7. jellyroll - Phone: BlackBerry Passport Stock camera, Mental state: Sober
- So supposedly one needs to be pretty HIGH and FAR OUT to see these guys?

8. ric9K - N900 on fcamera, manual focus, manual white balance, manual exposure time. Developed with darktable: vignette, monochrome, tiny orange virage in highlights, 5200 ISO grain.
-What can I say, it's not really high but the grain indeed is fantastic!

9. Pentona - Xpera 10 Plus, cropped only, with the unwanted and mysterious black dot pattern provided by the phone
- Yep, he's sailing high indeed. Nice capture against peaceful sky.

10. pichlo - Jolla 1
- Fits the theme well but I'd want to see more of the lovely house

11. Koiruus - Taken with Pro1, some exposure correction made with Google Photos
- A bit stretching the theme. really

12. juiceme - "Winter kittens climbing high in January", SFOS/XperiaX, cropping in Gimp
- The limitations of the XperiaX camera on SFOS are visible; even though the colors are natural and balanced the focusing is reallly crappy. (I just remembered that I also have the "advanced Camera" application also, have to check if that is better than the stock camera in this respect)

13. mosen - Pro¹ using Piggz Advanced Camera, some contrast added and cropped in Darktable.
- Good vantage point and beautifully curling river and parkside. Dark clouds add drame to the picture!

14. john_god - Samsung Galaxy J4+, no editing
- Again, stretching the theme. Otherwice very nice landscape.

Lots of really good pictures again. I was pondering between @ddark, @mscion and @catbus here... and my vote goes to 3. DDark
(I don't know what the building is but it sure looks nice!)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: