View Single Post
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I'm hoping that one day there will suddenly start a yellow update blink on my N900 and when I check what it is it says "Maemo 7 (Leste) is ready to be installed. Do you wish to continue?"
While potentially possible, I am not sure this would make sense. It's likely a bit too invasive. But some form to make it easier to try would be nice.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Agree, and luckily N900, Pro 1 and Droid 4 cover a lot of terrain.
Luckily N900 is included it does offer the best display. And the most productivity say ANTI-addictive useless time-wasting browsing social media is a built-in feature assured by hardware limitation.

Same here. I think just running it on favourite device and report would do , however I am totally out of it, hard to imagine following a cryptic manual.
I had a terrible time installing Sailfish X on Xperia X and that was supposed to be wel documented smooth user friendly process Only second to wasting time on Windows issues or installation.

I have a feeling though that if I was to devote time, even pay annual fee for Maemo Leste support and development, the reward would be bigger than all the money and effort invested and stress endured due to would be alternatives to N900. (Jolla, Neo900, certain "privacy" Android ones...)
There are no plans for any "annual fees". We might eventually set up a way for people to donate, but I think right now that just complicates everything, because we'll have to do something with the money, and that's always complicated. If we can do without that kind of headaches, that would be my preference.

Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
How about Maemo-Leste for Jolla Phone?
Originally Posted by mithrandir View Post
How much effort would it take to have a Gemini/Cosmo Communicator port? Are there any plans in that direction?
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
TheKit has managed to nspawn Leste on Proš!
I hope i am allowed to share but i sense he only did not here since he is busy with more important things.
Colors are BGR swapped but that is only the first mention from 27th Jan.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...200127_001.png
For the above three devices, libhybris in some form indeed might work, but we (Maemo Leste) are not currently planning to support this kind of setup. I think we can revisit what "tiers of support" we could offer for various devices once we're happy enough with the support one of our target devices. Only then do we know that our userspace is in good enough shape that it makes sense to think about how to expand the (hardware) base of support.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post: