View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
#1. john_god, "Plan B", Samsung J4+, reduced in GIMP
- Nice and sharp sandy beach shot, the strips of pavement at the bottom and smoother sand at the top border the picture in a pleasant way.

#2. Fellfrosh, "A view on the Earth from above", Pro1, panorama stitched in Hugin
- Amazing depth and the clarity of the sky is just stunning. This sure would be one of my favourite snowboarding spots!

#3. Maemish, "Grounded to a rock", N900 with BlessN900, reduced to 77%
- This absolutely nails down the topic this month; the ring is so earthly as can be and evokes feeling of being fastened down to the core of the planet. The mood in the picture is just wonderful, and the texture is fantastic!

#4. pichlo, "View from office window", Jolla 1, no editing
- The countryside as it is, very earthly. Rainbow divides the picture nicely into thirds.

#5. juiceme, "Icefall", XperiaX/Piggz AC , retouched in GIMP
- I aimed to get the nice colours of the rocky cliff to contrast with the dividing icefall, and I think the portrait format was a good choice to fill the frame. I am quite happy wiht the Piggz camera, it seems to consistently produce better quality pictures than the stock camera.

#6. kinggo, "The earth, the essence", XZ2, retouched in GIMP
- Very good shot of the stuff itself, and also capturing the humble dweller of the earth. The texture of the ground is almost tangible.

#7. chenliangchen, "No camping", Pro1, no editing
- Very nice diagonals, I sure would like to camp here

#8. mosen, "The Hambach hole", Pro1, panorama stitched in Hugin
- The size of this feature is just incredible, it is very difficult to convey it on an image, even with panorama. I'd love to see even more detail on it, to be able to zoom into the excavation machines.

#9. ric9K, "Earth eating back human's hardware", N900, fcam, no editing
- Very strong picture, again something that fits the topic smack in the middle of what I intended. Wonderful mood, strong lines, nice detail on the foreground objetc.

#10. robthebold, "Earth emerging from snow", Xperia X, no editing
- Nice springtime picture, is it acorns or snail shells down there around the snowy patch? I think a tighter crop down the left side would have benefitted the picture.

In my mind there are 2 pictures which are clearly superior here, #3 maemish and #9 ric9K. The nice thing is that both have been captured with N900, which alleviates the fact that the age of the hardware is irrelevant when comparing to the eye of the artist who is taking and making the picture.
My vote goes to @maemish this time, but only just and just!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: