Thread: 3.3.0.x Rokua
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Let me quote what you said
Let me clarify in the simplest terms I could possibility muster:
  • I run an update. The phone reboots.
  • The first thing I notice is, my phone says it is in the aeroplane mode.
  • I think, "this is strange. I disable and re-enable the radio multiple times. No change
  • I try making a call but it says, "no network coverage".
  • I panic. This phone has had some problems before. It's running Sailfish, after all.
  • I turn the damn thing off for the night. Turn it on again in the morning. Still no change.
  • I turn it off again. Take the SIM out, clean it, put it back in, turn it on again. Same thing.
  • I check other family members' phones on the same network. They run Android. No problem on theirs. So it's not a network problem.
  • In a desperation, I try making a call again. This time, it works, despite the icon. Hallelujah!
  • I double check installed patches, compare them with my other phone, disable them, still no resolution.
  • I shorten the above to the absolutely bare minimum necessary to ask if someone else has seen it.
  • Some smart alec replies smugly, "what's the problem?"

I don't see a problem here, GUI wise
You don't see a problem, "GUI wise"? What??? It's the blooming GUI that appears to be the problem!

I don't know about you - after all, you have demonstrated Jolla apologist tendencies before - but I expect things to work. I don't shrug off misbehaving indicators on my car dashboard with, "What's the problem? I can hear the engine running, the oil lamp on must surely be an insignificant GUI bug."

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: