View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Hello to all ! I am joining the discussion, after getting my Pro1.

I have still a lot to learn about LXC, so need to dig into in my spare time.

So for now I have only a quick question about the status of what I should expect to work/not work.

I have seen on the first page command line instructions, for the ports where the UI doesn't work. illyria seems to be developing on the Pro1, so I assume the UI should work on the Pro1 ?

Then, about the distributions. The templates provides a lot of distros and versions. It looks like Kabouik used a Debian Sid in his videos. Are there some versions that works easily than others ? Some that should be avoided ?

Thanks !

So far, I didn't have much success with the UI. It can see the containers I created manually, but I can't make a new one with it. I can see the status of the containers if started from command line, and can start/stop with the pulley menu. I didn't get to launch a window from the UI.
On the command line side, I could get a Debian Buster (I didn't think Sid was a good idea before seeing it in Kabouik's video) to run, and display in a window with qxdisplay, but only correctly in portait (only half left of the screen in landscape). I Need to do some graphical configuration as fonts sizes seems all over the place.
Also tried an Ubuntu 18.04, without getting to a working display.

By the way, the "new" LXC config files are a bit different, and the first post instructions may need to be updated the following way, if that can help anyone :
Code:
3. Manually add this line in /var/lib/lxc/< container name >/config:

lxc.mount.entry = /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest mnt/guest none bind,create=dir,ro 0 0

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: