View Single Post

the latest mupen64plus builds and runs. Mario Kart 64 runs in the 15-30fps range depending on many variables. Sound with rice GPU and 1/2 resolution, low parameters is mostly stutter-free in Mario Kart 64 with disabled compositing (killed Hildon-Desktop).

Top is reporting CPU use for mupen and Xorg in the sub-50% range for both rice and glide64mk2, yet framerates are low. I don't know how to profile the powervr GPU to see what it's spending its time doing.

Sound stuttering in Mario Kart is much worse during transitions - perhaps this happens while mupen is accessing cartridge memory or setting-up 3d objects.

Anyone interested in working on this should look at ptitseb's OpenPandora port, which may have better arm-optimized GPU plugins. I couldn't get his git to build, yet.

Definitely the heavest emulated console that runs on Droid4 at close-to-playable speed 'out of the box', so to speak.

I don't expect I'll be spending much time with it, since there's UI and packaging to do for games and emulators that run fast, already.

mupen64plus for Droid4 would be nice project though, for someone with a bit more brains than myself!

Cheers

Last edited by clort; 2020-08-25 at 00:23. Reason: improvements

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post: