View Single Post
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Hello

2FA is the main reason why I have to leave my N900 (with TLS 1.3 support) and I have just received my Fairphone 4 but still investigating how to use it "properly" (LineageOS or /e/OS...)

Before that choice, I had to:

- for work VPN, request a one-time-challenge paper-card alternative to official Android app requiring Google Services

- for a first customer's VPN, request a SIM replacement to get STK authentication based but discovered Maemo has not this software support (introduced later in Meego / oPhono)... so I have to shutdown my N900 to move SIM card to an old Symbian device to authenticate

- for a second customer's VPN, request for the smartcard OTP alternative but support team was no longer at ease how to set it up at first trial (and meanwhile run the application on my son's phone...)

- soon, an online service of my bank (one-time-use visa card generation with credit limit) will no longer send SMS for 2FA, so an Android app will be soon required

I have tried to setup a androidbox to run these applications but I have probably not invest enough time in it... too slow in virtualbox, no access to store...

Definitely I get tired of these efforts to keep my N900 as my only daily phone... But I expect to find enough time to convert it for others' usage (game, music player...) with Leste, when I will be over with my calendar and sms/phone calls history migration to "Android"-or-affiliate I need to discover

The Following User Says Thank You to ymartin59 For This Useful Post: