View Single Post
Posts: 1,704 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
N900 with TLS 1.3 support? If someone has got this working why it hasn't been shouted over the roof tops? Does all the other members have this working? Would you be so kind and share all good tricks and tweaks so that others who still use N900 could benefit of yoir knowledge?

I think there are many many tweaks people who have still been using N900 know. Maybe someone who knows stuff could start a thread called "Keeping N900 alive 2022 from mouth to mouth". It would be nice to have all this info even just for historic purposes, when someone likes to trace down how it's been possible people used Fremantle so long.

I myself am mainly interested how security concerned people have done things, to access and use internet, how to circumvent digital profiling.

I hope someone could make a detailed info how to get TLS1.3 support for N900, how to update and setup certs, how to set up nginx for other than default browser (I think Fennec 17 from thumb or Dooble browser would be best browsers to get to work), how to use mail safely etc.

I have nginx setup for microb but it lacks many stuff, Opera with tls 1.2 with openssl 1.1 and certs updated from devel repo doesn't help anymore.

Modest mail with IMAP works with the tinymailcamel package fix, and Easy debbie with Netsurf 3.10 is the latest and securest browser but doesn't handle videos or java that well.

Please if you know good stuff, share.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: