View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Not sure where you're pulling these numbers from, or what some of your garbled utterance even means, but it's not that simple.

A country's debt can be counted many different ways - by public debt, by external debt and possibley more (I'm far from being an expert here).
Norway features on both lists. "Outweighing" debt is also mentioned in both articles. If you still insist that there are countries that are NOT indebt, globally, at all, I'd like you to explain, with sources.

Also consider things like Money creation and Debt monetisation.

I repeat, every country on this blue planet is in debt one way or another. May sound worrisome, may even cause people to put their trust and hope in rescue from some higher being - until you realise that money itself is just an illusion. It doesn't matter.
I pulled em out of a hat. The number are not that important. That issue is the trend.

Pulled it out of a hat.
you, as a country are spending more than you get in taxes so you need to cover the spending by increasing the dept. US reaching one of every ten tax dollars just to be able to keep going during the next generation with the current trajectory. That is not sustainable. As an example.

You can call it national dept if you like.
Most countries have it yes. Some just because they want to keep the assets elsewhere but could pay it of. Norway as an example is one of the few countries that dont need to cover expenses by borrow money since the fund has grown to just over a $ trillion . Same goes for a few other countries with plenty of oil.

Hope you are back to normal after the FluX3Covid. You should be lucky we dont have any aliens virues yet since you seems to be a virus magnet.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2022-06-04 at 22:22.