View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by wv9k View Post
I'm afraid to try to add much of anything anymore and even more afraid to try to update something.
Erm, why, exactly? :\

Originally Posted by evad View Post
2) Browse packages by repository (mentioned before), or at least add a source repository information in package details
This really shouldn't be an issue, as Extras should (mostly) be the be-all end-all repository.

4) Better UI layout. Currently in 'Browse installable applications' section there are buttons with names, which is not very convenient, and I end up browsing 'All' anyway. I'd go for some kind of structured tree or such.
This goes back to package maintainers and their very poor category selection (especially as categories are case-sensitive and nobody can decide on whether certain categories should be plural or not). A good centralized guideline (and strict adherence to it) would help a lot in reducing the number of categories and increasing their usefulness.

5) Actually, porting Smart or Synaptic as default package manager would be quite nice idea
Shoehorning them into the amount of screen real-estate we have will be no simple task (take a loot a Synaptic in johnx's Debian port if you want to see).

6) Browse updated packages after refreshing repositories. Currently Managers asks me if I want to refresh app list, I tap Yes, but.. I don't really know what's new.
A "New Since Last Update" or "Freshmeat" pseudo-category would be very helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: