View Single Post
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hi Marcelo.

First feedback on beta8:
My installation procedure & feedback:

1. installed canola beta8
2. added all the video, audio & photo folders
3. went to "multiple album entries
it said "scanning, and within 1 sec, Canola died (completely; as if by forcekill)
4. I restarted; everything worked perfectly, and I combined a multiple album.
5. tried to login to last.fm. It said that my system time was not ... There was not enough space available to write the entire error message (to be fixed)
I presume that the error was that a long time ago, I set my homecity to London, yet the time was Montreal's (5hr difference). Afterwards, I set up a calendar, and if I change my locale, the calendar would switch accordingly. this has nothing to do with Canola, yet the last.fm plugin won't let me login.
after this, I changed my locale, spent about an hour retyping my calendar, and went back to canola testing. This did solve the problem with last.fm

Quick note on this problem: I did not have ANY problems with logging in from Vagalume. first time that it requires me to change the system time.

I tried to reproduce the button disappearance... without any success. Congratulations!
About this: the lack of the "menu" button in the bottom right corner in last.fm is normal or a bug? Oh, and is there a way to say "love" or "ban" in last.fm? i'd expect it to be in the lower right menu... also, do you have the option to save to disk from last.fm? menu needed!
Another note about last.fm: for the "next" button, I need to double-click on the button. Not a real problem, just need to keep this in mind.
Also, you say that
Last.fm will scrobbling 2 times if you listen to more than 50% and then rewind the music.
I cannot neither rewind, not got back in last.fm
Edit: last.fm does not automatically go to the next track. it freezes at -00:01, and I have to click for the next track manually.

Back to the youtube "freeze" i mentioned about previously:
When I had last.fm playing, I opened the youtube plugin and was quite impressed that the music did not stop. I clicked on a search, selected one video, and before it started loading, clicked back (wrong selection). The result of this action was a "frozen" youtube: I CAN scroll; i cannot play any of the videos. When I click on any video, it becomes highlighted, yet does not open. When clicked on the back button (both screen & hardware), nothing happens. when clicked on the middle hardware button on n800 (how's it called?), it brings me back to the "home" menu of Canola. If I select youtube again, instead of the menu, my search's results open right away, with the problem just described. I'll check tomorrow from the command line to see if I can give more info on this.

Also, it's a great addition the "browse by folder" section for local music. specially for someone whose audio isn't properly tagged (like mine)

Another note that I cannot classify as a bug: power consumption. when I open canola, for a second, I get the message that my n800 is charging (although it said that the battery was full 5 min ago, and I did not unplug it). half a second after, it says that the battery is full [again]. is this due to an increase in CPU power (Canola was launched from complete rest), or is it something else?

More updates in a few days (will be out of town this weekend, without internet, I think)

Ilia

Last edited by iliaden; 2008-04-05 at 02:26. Reason: new last.fm bug found

The Following User Says Thank You to iliaden For This Useful Post: