View Single Post
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
This is quite the gamble bringing this out but I can see them changing the radio for anything else as required. Considering that I've long given up on wide area wireless in Canada (cell companies, what a joke) or wasn't hopeful for the short term I was excited to imagine WiMAX. Right now I'm wondering if a more global standard would be better. I expect to hear about an N810L or whatever the non U.S. device will be.

How about if the new radio was a modular device that is user or local shop changeable? The WiMAX/LT/Ethernet whatever device can be changed to whatever the user can use? My laptop didn't come with BT but $22 for a (internal and actually works) module and a few minutes later I have BT.

And for existing ITs they could build a BT device with the WiWOW/yada radio. Built to work 100% on the Ns since I won't trust generic BT devices anymore. A palm sized device like the 10X GPS that will tether to the IT and easily come online. I see that little addon toy a hot item whether WiMAX or whatever it all becomes.

Last edited by IcelandDreams; 2008-04-05 at 21:52.