View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by gigabites View Post
- Why are the repositories more messed up in OS2008 than in OS2007. So much so that "temp until things are fixed" reps were made?!?
Uh, because the maemo repositories were basically DDoSed when OS2008 was released? I'm not really sure I understand the question. . . .

- Why can't the app mgr have a laundry list style UI instead of that stupid menu? If I need to turn on/off multiple reps, I have to open and close them individually. A laundry list would have simple radio buttons or check boxes next to the rep name so diagnosing what rep is broken is easier.
To bugzilla! Idealy, this shouldn't be an issue, though, as we should only really have about a half-dozen repositories.

- Why will things install in red pill mode that I need but NOT in blue pill mode?!?!?
Because sometimes things get messed up and lots of package managers are stupid/lazy.

- Why can't I print to a networked printer?
You can't print to anything, there is no printing framework bundled with maemo. There are community solutions available, though.

- Why isn't assigning apps to filetype easier?!?!
Not something Nokia invested any time in, I suppose. I don't recall whether there's an outstanding enhancement request for this, but if not, this is another opportunity to make use of bugzilla.

- why can't the display of desktop icons be standard instead of relying on 3rd part apps like Idea or Simple launcher?
Because that's not how maemo's desktop works. Another enhancement request to bundle some sort of quick-launch applet wouldn't be unreasonable, though.

- Why can't some applets be resized?
Because some applets' sizes are hardcoded.

- battery life sucks now. Full one minute, beeping it's empty an hour later.
Obviously you have something eating CPU in the background, find out what it is and fix it—your battery life will improve.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: