View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
Hi,
I'd really like to try this, because I never managed to partition my SD manually. Installing the deb just doesn't work for me either.

I installed the package and this is what the log stated. Is local.sh the problem file? IŽd appreciate some help.

hildon-application-manager 2.0.2
/usr/bin/dpkg-deb -f '/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb'
/usr/bin/dpkg --install '/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb'
(Reading database ... 21755 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking install-tools (from .../.documents/install-tools.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/etc/init.d/local.sh', which is also in package local-mmc2
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb
/usr/bin/dpkg-deb -f '/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb'
/usr/bin/dpkg --install '/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb'
(Reading database ... 21755 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking install-tools (from .../.documents/install-tools.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite `/etc/init.d/local.sh', which is also in package local-mmc2Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/install-tools.deb
You would need to remove KDE before installing. However the install process once complete is very simple to install KDEv2 without the deb..
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.